Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Headed to Kathmandu!

Hi all! I decided today to buy a bus ticket to go to Kathmandu for the weekend for an Indigenous Film Festival (Brit, I know you're laughing right now)! It is going to be so great...3-days worth of films by and/or about indigenous communities in Nepal, Bhutan, Australia and several other countries I believe. Unfortunately, Sabita can't join me right away, but she might meet me on Saturday. The bus ride will be 6-8 hours long, depending on traffic, and there probably won't be AC, but I'm so excited to be going on an adventure :) I'll be gone until Sunday and won't have internet access again until then either, so this will be my last post for a few days. Sorry also if I owe you an email; I promise to respond next week!

Here is a quick picture of Sabita and I on our adventures from last weekend...we are in the boat on our way back from the island on the lake to the mainland. Will write about the festival when I get back...

1 comment:

  1. I hope it was amazing! We just returned from a week away for a wedding in Northern CA. Zoe danced herself to exhaustion - just like Britt's! But, there was no Bre there to hold her when she collapsed.

    ReplyDelete